The Leixlip club was first affiliated to the Gaelic Athletic Association in 1887. In 1912 a meeting was convened in the local school for the purpose of re-forming the club. John J Radley, a local school-master agreed to act as Honorary Secretary and another teacher, P Mullaney – then a member of the Leinster Council of the GAA, was appointed as his assistant. A committee was formed and, due to the influence of a local priest, Fr. Dooley, permission was given by the late William Mooney of Leixlip Castle, for the use of a field for matches and practice.
In 1939 a clubhouse was opened in the Main Street and was the centre of activities until the 1950s when a premises, now Tuthills Shop, was purchased on the Captains Hill and converted to a hall at a cost in excess of £600. It was named the “Joe Fox Memorial Hall” as a tribute to Joe’s many years of endeavour in promoting the ideals of Cumann Luthchleas Gael in Leixlip and Co. Kildare. In 1954, £1,200 was spent on the purchase of our present grounds. The initial development cost £600 and the official opening took place on October 3, 1954.
On June 6, 1975, H.E. the President of Ireland, Mr. Cearbhall Ó Dálaigh, laid the foundation stone for the complex and on the October 1, 1978, the official opening was performed by then President of the GAA, Mr. Con Murphy. The Centenary Year of the GAA 1984 was marked by a special Club Day - ‘Lá na gClub'. The Club’s Centenary was celebrated in 1987 and proved to be a gala occasion, the centrepiece being a special Banquet at which the guest of honour was the Association's former President, Dr. Michael Loftus. The young members of the club put on a striking pageant – depicting the history of the club. It was an impressive performance and is now recorded for posterity on Video.
Radley Park was re-opened on May 12, 1991 by the then President of the GAA, Mr. Peter Quinn. May 16, 2004 saw the culmination of years of endeavour by the members and the financial and moral support of the local community when the Minister of Finance and TD, Mr. Charlie McCreevy officiated at the opening the club’s new facilities.